These 15 teams have had varying degrees of success in the NBA, but all of them have yet to win a title (or at least a title in their current city).
- Atlanta won an NBA title in 1958 as the St Louis Hawks, but have not even been to the finals since moving to Atlanta.
- The Nets won 2 titles in the ABA, but not in the NBA.
They have managed 2 visits to the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003.
- The expansion Bobcats have been to the playoffs only once where they were swept by Orlando in 2010.
- Cleveland made it to the finals with Lebron James, but have yet to win a title.
- While Denver made it to the finals in the ABA once, since the merger they have only made it as far as the conference finals.
- Indiana won 3 ABA titles, but has only had one trip to the NBA finals.
- The Clippers have never advanced beyond the second round in the playoffs.
- The Grizzlies have won only one series and have never advanced beyond the second round.
- The Timberwolves have only advanced as far as the conference finals.
- The Hornets have never advanced beyond the second round in the playoffs.
- Orlando has twice made it to the finals but has yet to win.
- The Suns also have been to the finals twice, but have yet to win.
- The Sacramento Kings won two NBA titles as the Cincinnati Royals, but have failed to make the finals while in both Kansas City and Sacramento.
- Toronto has failed to get past the second round of the playoffs.
- Utah has made two trips to the finals only to lose to Michael Jordan’s Bulls.