With the Cubs ending their 107-year World Series championship drought, we posted the list of the 7 MLB teams with droughts of forty years or more led by the Cleveland Indians at 68 years.
In the NFL, the longest title drought is also 68-years, but 13 teams have kept their fans waiting forty years or more.
- Last Won 1947 as Chicago Cardinals beating the Philadelphia Eagles 28-21 in Comisky Park.
- 1948: the Cardinals lost the rematch in the “Philly Blizzard” game 7-0.
- 1960: the Cardinals move to St. Louis.
- 1988: the Cardinals move to Phoenix.
- 2009: in their first title game in 61 years, the Cardinals lost 27-23 in Super Bowl XLIII on a Steelers’ touchdown with 35 seconds remaining.
- 1957: Last Championship. Beat Cleveland Browns 59-14 in Detroit.
- They have never appeared in the Super Bowl.
- They are 1-11 in the playoffs since 1957.
- They have not won a playoff game since 1991.
- The closest they have come to the Super Bowl was a 41-10 loss to the Washington Redskins in the NFC Championship Game in the 1991 season.
- 1957: Last Championship. Beat Green Bay Packers 17-13 in Philadelphia. .
- 1981: Lost Super Bowl XV to Oakland Raiders 27-10.
- 2005: Lost Super Bowl XXXIX to New England Patriots 24-21.
- 1961: Last Championship. Beat San Diego 10-3 in San Diego for second straight AFL title.
- 1997: Moved to Tennessee.
- 2000: Came within 1 yard of tying Super Bowl XXXIV in 23-16 loss to St. Louis Rams..
San Diego Chargers
- 1963 Last Championship. Beat Boston Patriots 51- 10 in San Diego for AFL title.
- 1964: Lost AFL Championship 20-7 to Buffalo Bills in Buffalo.
- 1965: Lost AFL Championship 23-0 to Buffalo in San Diego.
- 1995: Lost Super Bowl XXIX 49-26 to San Francisco 49ers.
- 1965 Last Championship. Beat San Diego Chargers 23-0 in San Diego for second consecutive AFL title.
- 1991: Lost Super Bowl XXV 20-19 to New York Giants after missing 47-yard field goal with 8 seconds remaining.
- 1992: Lost Super Bowl XXVI 37-24 to Washington Redskins.
- 1993: Lost Super Bowl XXVII 52-17 to Dallas Cowboys.
- 1994: Lost Super Bowl XXVIII 30-13 to Dallas Cowboys.
- Have not appeared in playoffs in 16 years.
- No championships.
- 1999: Lost Super Bowl XXXIII 34-19 to Denver Broncos.
- No championships.
- 1982: Lost Super Bowl XVI 26-21 to San Francisco 49ers.
- 1989: Lost Super Bowl XXIII 26-20 to San Francisco on touchdown with 34-seconds left.
- Have not won a playoff game in 25 years.
- 1964: Last Championship beat Baltimore Colts 27-0 in Cleveland for NFL title.
- 1966: Lost attempt to repeat to Green Bay 23-12 in Green Bay.
- No Super Bowl appearances.
- 1996: Original Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore. The Ravens have won Super Bowls in 2000 and 2012.
- 1999: Expansion Browns begin play.
New York Jets
- 1969: Last Championship beat Baltimore Colts 16-7 in Super Bowl III.
- Lost AFC Championship game four times, most recently in 2011.
- 1969: Last Championship beat Cleveland Browns 27-7 in NFL Championship in Minnesota. Lost Super Bowl III to Kansas City 23-7.
- 1974: Lost Super Bowl VIII to Miami Dolphins 23-7.
- 1975: Lost Super Bowl IX to Pittsburgh Steelers 23-8.
- 1977: Lost Super Bowl XI to Oakland Raiders 32-14.
- Have lost NFC Championship game five times, most recently in 2010.
Kansas City Chiefs
- 1969: Last Championship beat Minnesota Vikings 23-7 in Super Bowl III.
- 1994: Only appearance in AFC Championship since 1969, lost to Buffalo Bills 30-13 in Joe Montana’s final game.
- 1974: Won Super Bowl XIII 24-7 over Minnesota Vikings.
- 1985: Lost Super Bowl XIX 38-16 to San Francisco 49ers.
In addition, the three youngest teams in the league – the Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans have never won a title, although Carolina has made it to the Super Bowl twice.